At our house, if there is a ball involved, we will either be at the game, or it will be on our television…our 75 inch television. So, “Why, ” you ask, “do you need to be at the game with a television that large and in HD???” I have once answer: my husband Steve. So tonight, the Cavs are playing against the Warriors, and this is an important game. Steve decided to watch the game at home tonight with a few friends, so I thought I would throw a few appetizers and a …Cleveland Cavaliers Cocktail!
Here are a few do ahead appetizers that won’t keep you from center court! GO CAVS! (I guess I get a little excited about it too :))
CLEVELAND CAVALIER COCKTAIL aka my favorite:
- 1/2 ounce Coconut Rum
- 1/2 ounce vodka
- 1/2 ounce crushed fresh watermelon or tiny melon balls.
- 1/2 ounce Pineapple Juice
- Scoop watermelon into a blender and blend till smooth.
- Chill ingredients prior to use.
- Place small scoop of watermelon or small melon ball in the bottom of a small glass.
- Combine rum, vodka and juice in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake until well chilled. Strain into a shot glass.
MINI CHICKEN POT PIE BITES
2 cups Green Giant™ frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1 cup diced cooked chicken
1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
1can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ refrigerated biscuits
1 Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, combine vegetables, chicken and soup; mix well.
2 Press each biscuit into 5 1/2-inch round. Place 1 round in each of 8 greased regular-size muffin cups. Firmly press in bottom and up side, forming 3/4-inch rim. Spoon a generous 1/3 cup chicken mixture into each. Pull edges of dough over filling toward center; pleat and pinch dough gently to hold in place.
3Bake at 375°F 20 to 22 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from pan.
BOURBON BBQ MEATBALL SLIDERS with HORSERADISH COLESLAW
FOR THE SLIDERS
- 1 lb. each ground turkey & ground beef
Salt And Pepper
3 Tablespoons Butter
1 whole Large Onion, Diced
1/2 cup Whiskey
½ cups Ketchup (Heaping)
½ cups Brown Sugar, Packed
¼ cups Bourbon Whiskey
1 teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce12 whole Slider Buns Or Dinner Rolls, Split
- Form the meat into 12-2″ meatballs and flatten into small patties.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook about 3-4 min. per side.
- Remove the patties from the skillet and set aside.
- Drain off grease, leaving about 2 T.
- Salute onions 2-3 min.
- Add ketchup, brown sugar, whiskey, lemon juice & Worcestershire.
- Cook 2-3 min.
- Place patties in sauce, turning to coat, and simmer till hot.
- Place the patties on buns spooning sauce over top.
- Top with spicy slaw & top of bun. Serve!!
FOR THE SLAW
- 2 T. prepared horseradish
- 2 T. olive oil mayo, & cider vinegar (may use play yogurt)
- 1/2 t. each black pepper & kosher salt
- 1/4 t. cayenne pepper
Add 4 C. coleslaw mix & refridgerate.
FUN SERVING IDEAS!