The end of summer has left us a bounty of juicy peaches to enjoy! Searching for great peach dishes through collections of cookbooks and recipes, I have found that although the “plus-it-ups” are fun, many of the old basics and “Mom Recipes” are still the “Blue Ribbon Winners!” This peach recipe can be made in an 8×8 casserole or individual ramekins. Hot out of the oven, serve it up with some cool & creamy vanilla ice cream. Life is good…..and here it is…..easy & delicious…..
MOM’S PEACH CRISP
- 4 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 1/2 C. Flour
- 1/2 C. Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C. Cold Butter
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 C. Rolled Oats
- Pre-heat oven to 350*
- Arrange peaches evenly in an 8×8-inch baking dish or stack the peaches halfway up in a ramekin.
- Mix flour, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl using a pastry cutter until evenly crumbled.
- Fold oats into flour mixture; sprinkle and press topping into peaches.
- Bake in the preheated oven until topping is lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
Cheers to summer, cheers to peaches and cheers to doing what makes you happy! Until next time…
P.S. CHECK OUT THESE GREAT FINDS…