I have always marveled at those perfectly shaped cookies in the bakery department at the grocery store. I’m never sure what’s in them or how they got to be so perfect, but I’ve finally found the magic recipe!
Cookies are a personal thing; some like chewy, some like crunchy, but personally, I like them just a little underdone and buttery…Eating a cookie made with fake butter is definitely a waste of calories. Browning the butter is a plus up in the flavor of this cookie.
So, here it is….(drumroll)…
SALTED BROWN BUTTER CINNAMON CRINKLE COOKIES
Makes 36 cookies
10 tablespoons butter, sliced
2½ cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup granulated sugar
¼ cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the butter in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the butter melts and begins to foam.
- Continue to cook, until the butter becomes an amber color, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool slightly.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- Add the granulated and brown sugar.
- Pour the cooled butter into the sugars and mix on medium speed to combine.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla, mixing just until smooth.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Cover the mixing bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Place the powdered sugar in a shallow bowl. Divide the chilled dough into 1- tablespoon sized balls.
- Roll each ball into the powdered sugar and place onto the prepared pan, about 2- inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are set.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
DID SOMEONE SAY SHOPPING??? Check out these finds!
Ice Cream Scoop – 3 Piece Stainless Steel with Trigger Cookie – Melon Scoop Spoon Set Small – Medium – Large $10.95 Free Shipping for Prime Members
Thanks for stopping in. Share a cookie and share a smile to brighten someone’s day. Until next time…..