It steams! It bakes! It Sears! It sautes! It slow cooks! And the best part, is that it does it all in one pot.
So, I know what you’re thinking and you’re probably right. You’re thinking that I sound like one of those Vita-mix sales demonstrators you normally find in a tent during county fairs. Endorsing a product, particularly with your friends, is risky business but truly, this new machine is a game changer.
The Ninja 4-in-1 Cooking System best features are:
- 1 pot with 4 cooking functions: Stove Top, Slow Cook, Oven, and Steam.
- Unique heating elements let you sear, sauté, and slow cook—all in one pot—for easy cleanup.
- Bake in oven mode. Dry Bake for chicken and roasts, and Steam Bake for delicious, moist cakes.
- Steam delicious and healthy vegetables, fish, and other delicate foods.
- Includes: 6 qt. nonstick cooking pot, glass lid, steaming/roasting rack, multipurpose pan, roast lifters, silicon mitts, cookbook, and travel bag.
TURKEY POT PIE
Pie dough FILLING
4 medium carrots, peeled, cut in thirds
3 stalks celery, cut in thirds
1 1/2 small onions, peeled, cut in quarters
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound leftover turkey cut in 1 inch pieces
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
1/2 cup flour
4 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons milk
- To prepare crust, see Pie Dough recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place carrots, celery, and onion into the 64-ounce Precision Processor.
- Select CHOP. Transfer chopped vegetables to a bowl and set aside.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped vegetables and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add chopped turkey and continue cooking until vegetables are softened, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour to saucepan, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Add broth, stirring constantly with a whisk, until mixture thickens to form a sauce. Add thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the vegetables and chicken with the sauce, then pour mixture into a casserole dish. Remove one pie dough disc from refrigerator and roll out to 2 inches larger than the casserole dish. Place dough on top of filling and crimp edges. Cut vent holes in dough and brush with milk. Cook for 45 to 50 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce, divided
8 uncooked no-boil lasagna pasta sheets, divided
1 medium zucchini, cut in 1/4-inch thick rounds
1 pound whole-milk ricotta cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Place turkey and 1/3 cup sauce into the pot. Cover with 4 sheets pasta, breaking up the fourth to cover the sides of the pan.
- Scatter the zucchini slices over the pasta. Spread with ricotta and sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Cover with half the remaining sauce.
- Layer the remaining pasta, then top with the remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese. Cover pot.
- Select Auto-iQ Quick Meals: Recipe 20 and press the START/STOP button.
- For best results, let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.