Easy to make, fresh and delicious! This appetizer dish will be a hit with your guests! Ceviche is a dish which originated in South America. It is made with raw fish or seafood and is served as an appetizer. Serving in a variety of dishes with fun garnish will definitely fun up your table!
SCALLOP & SHRIMP CEVICHE
Prep time: 15 min. sits 3-4 hours. Always use fresh fish and make it the same day.
- 1 lb. bay scallops or sea scallops cut in 1/2 in. pieces
- 1 lb. shrimp cut in 1/2 in. pieces
- 1/2 C. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 C. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 C. finely diced red onion
- 1 C. chopped fresh seeded tomatoes
- 1 C. Serrano chilli or jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tsp. salt
- dash oregano
- dash of tabasco
- tortilla chips
In a glass dish or casserole, combine scallops, shrimp, onion, tomatoes, jalapeno, salt tabasco & oregano. Cover with lemon and lime juice. Let sit covered in the fridge for an hour. Stir to make sure the fish is exposed to the lemon & lime juices. Cover and leave in fridge for a few hours until the fish changes to whitish in color.
Serve with chopped cilantro, slices of avocado and tortilla chips.
One thought on “Ceviche at the Beach”