Ahhhhh….summertime! Picnics and seasonal celebrations calls for putting a twist on your favorite treats!
All the ‘fixins’ for a desert s’mores buffet seems like a great idea until the next day when the ants have invaded the delicious droppings from the well intended sweet treat. “What was I thinking,” you remind yourself.
Well, alas, here is an inviting alternative to the work and the mess while preserving the integrity of the sweet s’more…. S’Mores Cookies which I found in a back issue of Cuisine Magazine.
No more long, hot, dangerous pokers prancing around the fire in the dark, carrying a flaming marshmallow in search of that elusive graham cracker and chocolate. This delicious cookie even looks the part!
Makes 4 dozen cookies
1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup fine graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. each baking soda and kosher salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened (8 Tbsp.)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup each granulated sugar and packed
- brown sugar 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 24 large marshmallows, halved horizontally or the new flat ones
- 48 Hershey’s chocolate bar pieces (4 bars)
Preheat oven to 375°.
- Whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Cream butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl with a mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, 5 minutes.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until incorporated. Blend in flour mixture on low speed just until incorporated.
- Scoop dough with #60
scoop (about 1 Tbsp.) onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake cookies 4 minutes. Top each with a marshmallow half and bake until golden, 4–5 minutes more.
- Transfer cookies to cooling racks, press chocolate pieces on top, and let stand 5 minutes.
Dear Friends, Cheers to summertime, picnics and all of the celebrations that create great memories! I love this s’mores cookie, because the thought of rescuing the little ones from flaming marshmallows and dangerous sharp pokers is relieving at best! Feel free to shop my latest finds for trends in style for home and you!
Cheers and happy baking!
P.S. Don’t forget to check out my new shop, FOLIO TRENDS, for the latest in ladies’ fashion. These are a few of my faves + FREE SHIPPING!
COLD SHOULDER LACE BLOUSE $34.99
STRIPED CANVAS BEACH TOTE WITH ZIPPER $24.99
TWO PIECE DRAWSTRING PANTS SET $36.99
S’MORES MAKER $39.99
One thought on “Gimme S’more Lovin’ this Summer!”
LikeLiked by 1 person