Yep…the quarantine 15 is a thing… I think I’ve been on that ‘SEE FOOD DIET’…you know the one where you see food and eat it….all of it…
So here’s a little poem for fun as I deal with my newly gained weight…
This pandemic has taken a toll!
I’m beginning to feel like a big old tootsie roll.
We been so long stuck inside,
I’m shocked that my leggings stretch so wide!
With so much comfort food around,
I can’t believe I am so round!
So here’s a way to make us thinner,
Try this delicious salad for dinner!
So, once again, Steve and I decided to start eating more salads…I sense this has been a recurring theme for my blog as I revisit some past posts!
This one from Cuisine at Home is a keeper! The dressing is amazing! Remember to toss the cooked shrimp with the vinaigrette for at least an hour for great flavor! This would be a great addition to your Memorial Day cookout (with under 10 people staying 6 feet apart of course)!
SHRIMP COCKTAIL SALAD
with Lemon Horseradish Vinaigrette
Makes 6 servings
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE, WHISK:
- 1/3 cup prepared horseradish
- 1 Tbsp. minced lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. no-salt-added ketchup
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp.Worcestershiresauce
- 1/4 tsp. each kosher salt and black pepper
FOR THE SALAD, HEAT:
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 onion,quartered
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 lemon, halved and juiced
- 1 Tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black peppercorns
- In a large pot of water over high; bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add 1/2 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 30) and cook until pink and opaque, 2–3 minutes.
- Transfer shrimp to a bowl of ice water; drain.
- Toss shrimp in vinaigrette, cover, and chill at least 1 hour or overnight, stirring occasionally.
TOSS IN JUST BEFORE SERVING!
- 12 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce (about 11/2 heads)
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes (about 4 medium)
Thanks for swinging by!
I know that the upcoming months will be the ultimate test of my willpower! But, the harsh reality of this is knowing that so many are without food and the ability to remain socially distant from one another to avoid the spread of this monster. I try to make light of our trivial ‘problems’ as we tread down this path. In a small way, we are donating non perishables and clothing to try to help.
So, until next time….
Cheers, stay safe and help others when you can….
PS…Here are some fun finds if you feel like shopping!
Felt Fabric Bag in Bag Purse Organizer with Zipper Inner Pocket $26.88 with free shipping
Simple Houseware Closet Underwear Organizer Drawer Divider 4 Set, Gray $15.87 with free 1 day shipping
6 Pieces Summer UV Protection Face Mask $30.99 with free 2 day shipping!
High Waist Yoga Leggings with 3 Pockets,Tummy Control Workout Running 4 Way Stretch Yoga Pants $23.98 with free 2 day shipping!
Racerback Workout Tank Tops $14.99 – $18.99 with free 2 day delivery
One thought on “The Quarantine 15!! Time for Salad!”
Hi Laura I hear ya! Too many carbs around hear I look like the Michelin man! Never had so many tires between my bust and my ass! Thanks for the recipe, we will definitely try it! Hey I noticed some products below as well! Very nice! I love the drawer organizer And the purse insert and the leggings! Oh and the tank! If I order them I should Probably ship to my sons place. Not sure when I will be able to travel across the border! Ugh! We are finally getting some nice weather. How about you?
LikeLiked by 1 person