My search to spice up everyday meals have two requirements….they have to be super quick and super flavorful. This great recipe for a juicy and delicious turkey burger tickled my fancy.
I loved the combo with the pineapple, but it turned the bun into huge mess. My Steve wasn’t a huge fan of the pineapple, so he ate it on the side wrapped in a lettuce bun. I also went a little crazy with the Soy Vey Very Teriyaki, actually a lot crazy….the whole bottle at the end. LOVED IT!
TERIYAKI TURKEY BURGERS with GRILLED PINEAPPLE
Makes 4 burgers
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh garlic
- 4 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce, divided
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 8 oz. sliced fresh pineapple or 1 can (8 oz.), drained
- 4 hamburger buns, split, buttered, and toasted (I recommend wrapping in lettuce)
- Green leaf lettuce
- Teriyaki sauce, (Soy Vey Very Teriyaki)
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Combine egg, bread crumbs, onion, garlic, 2 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce, and onion powder in a bowl. Add turkey and mix until combined; shape
- Baste patties with remaining 2 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce (or the rest of the bottle) during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Grill pineapple slices until grill marks appear, 3–4 minutes per side. Assemble burgers on buns with lettuce, or wrap in lettuce, pineapple, and additional teriyaki sauce.